With any skin allergy treatment, it depends greatly on where that skin is located. You may think that skin is skin so what works in one area will work anywhere, but that is not always the case. If you have dry skin, dry scalp, and itchy feet, you may have to have three different remedies for these problems. If you have dry skin in general, you may find that one good lotion takes care of all of your problems, but that is rarely going to be the case. Think about your itch and you will know how to take care of it, and if not, someone online certainly will.
Skin Allergy Treatment
Itchy skin on the top of your head is called dandruff, but you may not see flakes even if you have problems in this area. You may just have the itch. For a skin allergy treatment, you can not put lotion in your hair, obviously, unless you like the really greasy, stringy, look. Even then, lotion that works well on dry arms or legs is not going to do anything for the itchy skin on the top of your head. For a good skin allergy treatment, go get some dandruff shampoo and use as often as you need. Some need it every day and some need it only a few times a week.
If you have itchy feet, it could be that they are dry, but it could also be that you have athletes foot. You do not have to be athletic to get this, but you do have to be exposed to it to get it on your feet in some cases. What you want to do about it depends on the severity of the itch on your feet. If you have problems between your toes and your skin seems to be cracking and feels like it is burning, you want a remedy just for athletes feet.
Some are over the counter and some are prescription. When caught early, you can use something from the drug store. If your feet are in bad shape, you should see a doctor as soon as possible. Since this is not an allergy, no skin allergy treatment is necessary.
If you have itchy skin on your torso and extremities, this may just be dry skin. There are many great lotions out there that can take care of this for you. Put your lotion on right after you shower before you dry off with a towel to make sure that lotion pulls that moisture into your skin. It may seem like you are just smearing it around, but this is the best way to get the most moisture into your dry skin.
If you find your skin is smoother but still irritated, look for lotions with minimal perfumes and additives. You may be sensitive to those things and there are several good lotions for that problem too. Remember, with any skin allergy treatment, it is always best to consult your doctor first.
Itchy skin all over my body
There are many causes of skin itching. If you want to get your answer for itchy skin all over my body then first of all try to find out the real cause of itchy skin. Here are some causes of itchy skin all over the body.
Itchy Skin all Over Body Causes
Dry skin it one of the most common causes of itchy skin. Other causes include:
- skin disorders
- extreme temperature, both cold and hot
Treatment for Itchy Skin All Over Body
You can use various home based remedies to get rid of itchy skin at home. Here are some remedies for you.
- A paste of turmeric and milk is an effective way to get rid of itchy skin. To prepare this paste, mix turmeric powder with fresh milk. Apply it on the skin and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse off with water.
- Stay away from the irritant to get rid of itchy skin all over body. If you want you can take anti histamine to get rid of itchy skin caused by allergies.
- Use a good quality moisturizer to relieve dry skin. Choose one with Vitamin A and Vitamin E.
- Another home treatment for itchy skin is to use cucumber. Just take some cucumber slices and rub it on wherever the skin itches. Or, if you want you can also apply cucumber juice.
Itch Skin Bath:-
- Add 1 cup each of baking powder and cornstarch in to a bathtub with warm water.
- Soak yourself in it for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Take a bath with fresh and cold water.
Oatmeal Bath Recipe for Dry Itchy Skin all Over
Things you’ll need:
2 cups rolled oats1 cup baking soda
- Grind the rolled oats to a fine powder
- Add the oatmeal powder and baking soda to a tub full of warm water.
- Soak yourself for 15 to 20 minutes.